Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Fundraising update!

Sorry for the late update, but now we have got things started here.
All together (at least so far) I have managed to raise 6000 NOK through here, so THANK YOU ALL for the support! The others have also collected money at their home, so we even have more than this.
I am so impressed!

The last days we have tried to find out sizes and stuff so we could go and buy the things for the children. So far we have bought underwear for the children up till primary, and sandals to all 180!  The older ones we have to figure out something more for later, I guess they like to buy their own clothes and stuff - as most teenagers... ;)  We have also had a small goodbye - dinner for Marie before she left, and then we bought ice cream and a chocolate bar for all of the children and staff here. It does not sound too much maybe, but this is things they normally never gets here, so they were all very happy about this. Nice for us to see how much it was appreciated! :)

I will give you more updates, but just wanted to tell you that things are happening here, and to thank you very much for all the support! Under I have put some pictures from Marie's last day and the icecream - party ;)

PS! I have also updated the post from Kumily with some pictures if you are interested!

 - Anja


Ice cream!


One of many small friends

Program for Marie

Indian dance

We have dressed up in sarees!
Marie had to hold a speach, but was not too happy about that  :p

Sand decoration

No comments:

Post a Comment